Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Poets create a reality and so do scientist and so does religion. This is a truth we have never considered. There is no romantic love without poetry. There is no salvation or damnation without religion and there is no gravity without science. I don't care about the lack of perfection of what I am saying. My best friend is my best friend because I have created that reality in my mind and I live as close as possible to it. It is like geometry. There are no squires, circles triangles or octagons in reality but we see them everywhere. This computer screen is a rectangle. this "0" is a circle.

2 comments:

  1. There is a long line of philosophers (Berkeley, Hume, Mach ...) who think so. You and me are two more less known. I think perhaps there are people stressing: What I think is. These may be most of all, because cultures produce these customned view. Men need certainty of course. But on the other hand, need for certainty may give the chance for hatred others and give chances for many wars, because orhers have different certainties. It is not unsual to accept differences.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, 'unsual' is not correct - but 'usual'.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete